lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Askar Zaidi" <askar.za...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene Field score value
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2007 19:18:08 GMT
Using the Explanation method can help me get the exact score of a field. I
am concerned with how I can access it , this is what I am doing:

 for(int i=0;i<hitCount;i++){
                doc = hits.doc(i);
                score = hits.score(i);
                int ID = hits.id(i);
                System.out.println( id + "\t" + score + "\t" + doc.get
("item"));
                Explanation exp = searcher.explain( query , ID );
                System.out.println( exp.toString() );
                }

This shows me o/p as follows (trimmed output):
6.6197186E-4 = (MATCH) product of:
  0.0033098592 = (MATCH) sum of:
    0.0033098592 = (MATCH) weight(contents:innovation in 4), product of:
      0.28244132 = queryWeight(contents:innovation), product of:
        1.0 = idf(docFreq=5)
        0.28244132 = queryNorm
      0.01171875 = (MATCH) fieldWeight(contents:innovation in 4), product
of:
        1.0 = tf(termFreq(contents:innovation)=1)
        1.0 = idf(docFreq=5)
        0.01171875 = fieldNorm(field=contents, doc=4)
  0.2 = coord(1/5)

The 6.6197E-4 is the total score of the document. How can I access the
fieldWeight ? Any example would be great.

thanks,
AZ