lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Askar Zaidi" <askar.za...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene Field score value
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2007 18:32:16 GMT
Boosting during Indexing or boosting during search ?

I have 4 fields:

{tags},{title},{summary},{contents}

Typically a phrase occurs too many times in contents as compared to the
other fields. If I get the score of contents field , I can pass it through
an adjuster function which will bring the score down. Something like:

public static double adjuster(double count){

                double newCount;
                newCount = 1/Math.exp(count);
                System.out.println(newCount);
                return newCount;

                }

Do you mean I could boost the values of the other 3 fields ? Will that help
? Would there be a way to bring down the score of the contents field ?

thanks,
AZ