lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Askar Zaidi" <askar.za...@gmail.com>
Subject Lucene shows parts of search query as a HIT
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2007 19:40:25 GMT
Hey folks,

I am a new Lucene user , I used the following after indexing:

search(searcher, "W. Chan Kim");

Lucene showed me hits of documents where "channel" word existed. Notice that
"Chan" is a part of "Channel" . How do I stop this ?

I am keen to find the exact word.

I used the following, before the search method:

 IndexWriter writer = new IndexWriter(indexPath, new StandardAnalyzer(),
true);

                                writer.addDocument
(createDocument(item,words));
                                writer.optimize();
                                writer.close();
                                searcher = new IndexSearcher(indexPath);

thanks !

AZ