lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "John Paul Sondag" <jsond...@uiuc.edu>
Subject Re: Does Index have a Tokenizer Built into it
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2007 16:14:19 GMT
Is there a way to know how big to make the array before hand (how many terms
are in the topic total?).  I'm worried about the efficiency of this, since
I'd have to rebuild every document that is a "hit" on the fly to make a
snippet for each "hit" on the page (say 10 a page).

Now I have to wonder how storing the termPosition vectors in the index +
sorting them by position  compares to storing the location of the document +
using a tokenizer on the document.  Both in the end give me the result I
want.

Any opinions?

--JP