lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Robert Mullin" <amalafr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Modify search results
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2007 10:19:32 GMT
Hoss,

Thanks for your reply.  You are correct.  I am working with the Lucene Demo
and trying to get some traction.  But without much luck.  Most postings on
the list are way beyond me.  I continue to research the literature in order
to find something that will bring me gently forward so that I can begin to
understand how to use Lucene.  Not much luck so far.

I am in the process of teaching myself Java, so as the days go by things
should become more clear.

But about the results that Lucene produces . . . how do I begin to look at
and then manipulate those results?  I understand that Lucene is not an
application, that I must develop the interface.  But I do need to
"intercept" the results and "manipulate" it in some way . . . Hunh????\

In any cas, thanks for your response.

Robert