lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Robert Mullin" <>
Subject Modify search results
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2007 18:14:10 GMT
I have managed to download and install Lucene.  In addition, I have reached
the point at which I am able to generate an index and run a search.  The
search returns a 'raw' list of the HTML pages in which my search term
occurs. . . . chapter17, chapter18, etc.

Question: how do I go about manipulating the search results?  Is it possible
to "intercept" the listing of HTML pages returned by the Lucene search
function and modify the report it sends to the screen.

Can this be as simple as adding a line to the Lucene Java code so that
instead of reporting a simple chapter number, it will report the chapter
surrounded by HTML code , e.g. instead of simply seeing "Chapter 17" on the
screen, I want the report to read <a href = "
17, paragraph 3</a>. . . . of course then I'll need to get that info to an
HTML page . . . later . . . later . .

I suspect this will be handled by 1) modification to the Lucene source code
or 2) an addition of javascript or perl-script . . . but am not at all sure.

Thanks in advance for any help that might be provided.

r. mullin