lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject RE: Too Many Open files Exception
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2007 02:48:00 GMT

: Ok... after spending time looking at the code... I see that a method is
: not closing a TokenStream in one of the classes (a class that is
: instantiated quite often) - I would imagine this could quite possibly be
: the culprit?

can you be more specific about the code in question?

I'm not sure what class is responsible for closing TokenStreams when
documents get added ... but the only way i can imagine this might possible
be causing you problems is if you are using Field instances built from a
Reader (because failure to close the TokenStream *might* mean failure to
close the Reader -- but i'm just guessing there)

if you aren't constructing your Document's using Fields built with
Readers, then even if there is a bug with closing TokenStreams it isn't
causing your problem.

-Hoss