lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From jean-eric.cuen...@vd.ch
Subject RE: Search query with wildcard and spaces
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2007 14:29:51 GMT
> is this just one single example of different words that should
> return the same results? You might consider implementing a synonym
> analyzer otherwise.

No, the query should match all of them.
The query:
  NAME:De Agos* AND FIRST:Maria
should return 2 documents:
  NAME: De agostino
  FIRST: Maria

  NAME: De agostato
  FIRST: Maria

Do I need synonym for that?

> In your case, storing NAME as UN_TOKENIZED should enable your
> NAME:"De Agos"* search

The query:
   NOM:"Zullo"* AND PRENOM:"Andrea"* AND DATE_NAISSANCE:19630622
doesn't work:
   Cannot parse 'NOM:"De Zullo"* AND PRENOM:"Andrea"* AND
DATE_NAISSANCE:19630622': '*' or '?' not allowed as first character in
WildcardQuery

Any idea?