lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Donna L Gresh <gr...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: question about flush(), optimize(), and deleted documents
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2007 13:36:21 GMT
Thank you-- this is what appeared to be the case, but I wanted to check if
there
was something simple I wasn't understanding--

>All deletes should be removed after an optimize. Otherwise, I think
you'll
>have to call isDeleted before trying to access the document. numDocs does
>not include deletes, but the document() call will retrieve deletes. You
>might try using maxDoc() instead of numDocs().

Donna L. Gresh
Services Research, Mathematical Sciences Department
IBM T.J. Watson Research Center
(914) 945-2472
http://www.research.ibm.com/people/g/donnagresh
gresh@us.ibm.com