lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Liu_An...@emc.com
Subject RE: unused tmp fdt files in index
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2007 06:38:44 GMT
You can use Luke to open your index.
In the Files tab, if some files are shown as deletable, it is should be
safe to delete these files.
Please backup your data before testing.

Andy

-----Original Message-----
From: Harini Raghavan [mailto:harini.raghavan@insideview.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2007 2:29 PM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: unused tmp fdt files in index

Hi All,

I have a large lucene index of size 60G. We have had Out Of Memory
issues a
few times in the past due to which the indexing had got interrupted.
This
has resulted in a lot of .fnm, .fdt,.tmp files which don't get removed
even
through optimizing the index. We have data for last 90 days in the
lucene
index, but some of these index related files are older than 6-7 months.
My
gut feeling is they are not really used internally by the IndexSearcher.
Can
I go ahead and delete those older files manually?

Thanks,
Harini