lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Yom Chouloute" <ychoulo...@rci-together.com>
Subject RE: Unable to set up CLASSPATH
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2007 17:21:36 GMT

I am trying to get Lucene installed on a redhat server but I have having
issues setting up the classpath
Here are my steps:

I downloaded the zip files from the lucene web site

I extracted  them to a folder titled : /var/www/html/lucene

I ran "ant war-demo" which was able to create a build directory with the
jar files (demo and core) inside  even though I got a couple errors like
clover not found and several warnings but it did say that the build was
successfull and it did  generate the jar files.

On the tutorial (http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/demo.html) it says
"Put both of these files in your Java CLASSPATH."

Now when I run:
Javac -classpath  /var/www/html/lucene/build/....jar

It is not working... Any good tutorial other than the one lucene
provides