lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Dmitry" <dmitrytka...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: lucene integration with PDM Windchill (Product Data Management System)
Date Sat, 28 Jul 2007 23:56:21 GMT
Karl,

thanks for help.

I will try to explain requirements. There is system PDM - product Data
Management System - which manages the data related to products, supports
precudures druing the product lifecycle deals with the development and
production infrastructure.
There following design paterns which can be used for implementation and
customization of this system  - point to integrate Lucene with Windchill
(PDM):

 - The Object Reference Design Pattern (encapsulates details concerning
persistable objects and their unique databse keys- like for Objects WTParts,
WTAssemblies, WTDocuments and their relations)
 - Business Service Design Pattern (building windchill services - like using
remote interfaces service Events)
 - Master-iteration Design Pattern (like two objects: Mastered and Iterated:
adhare all versioned data in Windchill PDM system <PDMLink> and
<ProjectLink>)

We need use Lucene with WTObeject like WTDocuments && WTParts to create
indexes and provide search service.
The properties of a document for instance - MS Documnts or PDF files are
specified on the WTDocument class. But the sum of the propertiesare stored
on WTDocumnetMaster. WTDocument implements ContenrHolder - primary content
and secondary content. And by the way WTDocument can create two types of
relationships to other documents using WTDocumentUsageLink (build
relationships between documents and document structure). Atributes which
need to be used for searching are on either  WTDocumentMaster or WTDocument
clasess.

This was just short desription of architecture of PDMLink  - Windchill.
 So we need create  some Lucene services(processors) embedded to the system
using extended interfaces for creation indexes and Search all Documnets by
Attributes.

thanks,
Dmitry
www.ejinz.com
Search Engine News

> Trying to integrate PDM system : WTPart obejct with Lucene indexing search
> framework. Part of the work is integration with persistent layer
> <hibernate>+ indeces storage+ mysql

You have a product data management software of some sort that use
MySQL via Hibernate for persistency, and now you want to use Lucene
to search the data?

> Could not find a good solution ...

What possible solutions did you find, and what was the problem with
these?

> please advice

My guess is that very few people in this forum knows how Windchill
works, what a WTPart is or what the complexity of the system is in a
persistent state. So you probably need to explain your requirements a
bit more in order to get a helpful answer or discussion going.

--
karl