lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: Token offset values for custom Tokenizer
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2007 08:13:55 GMT
Hello,

> Hi,
> I am storing custom values in the Tokens provided by a Tokenizer but
> when retrieving them from the index the values don't match.

What do you mean by retrieving? Do you mean retrieving terms, or do you mean doing a search
with words you know that should be in, but you do not find a match?

In the latter, you must make sure that you are using the same analyzer for the search as you
used for indexing.

> I've looked
> in the LIA book but it's not current since it mentioned term vectors
> aren't stored. I'm using Lucene Nightly 146 but the same thing has
> happened with older versions. Looking at the internals,
> DocumentWriter
> seems to keep track of the end offset that was placed into
> the index and
> modifies the token values (with +1) but I'm not sure whether
> I should be
> concerned with it.
> No existing analyzers are used when adding the document so all the
> offsets are generated manually.
> Any suggestions of how the token offsets should be stored?

Look at other clases that implement TokenStream. Also take a look at setPositionIncrement
when you are putting in your own terms

Regards Ard