lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Search that supports all valid characters in a Unix filename
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2007 22:19:49 GMT
I am not sure if I understood you 100%, but it sounds like you might be looking for KeywordAnalyzer:
http://lucene.apache.org/java/2_2_0/api/org/apache/lucene/analysis/KeywordAnalyzer.html

Otis

----- Original Message ----
From: Ed Murray <mail@avenuedesign.net>
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Sent: Monday, July 9, 2007 6:52:01 AM
Subject: Search that supports all valid characters in a Unix filename

Could
someone let me know the best Analyzer to use to get an exact match on a Unix
filename when it is inserted into an untokened field.

Filenames
obviously contain spaces and forward slashes along with other characters. I am using
a WhitespaceAnalyzer but when the query is parsed it is
chopped into different keywords as such:

I have
tried several different Analyzers but I can’t seem to get what I want.

Filename:
/repository/Administration/780 IT Support/filegate.txt
Query:URL:/repository/Administration/780
URL:IT URL:Support/filegate.txt

I am
assuming that this would be in common usage with Lucene but there does not seem
to be an easy way to do it.