lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Harini Raghavan" <harini.ragha...@insideview.com>
Subject unused tmp fdt files in index
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2007 06:28:56 GMT
Hi All,

I have a large lucene index of size 60G. We have had Out Of Memory issues a
few times in the past due to which the indexing had got interrupted. This
has resulted in a lot of .fnm, .fdt,.tmp files which don't get removed even
through optimizing the index. We have data for last 90 days in the lucene
index, but some of these index related files are older than 6-7 months. My
gut feeling is they are not really used internally by the IndexSearcher. Can
I go ahead and delete those older files manually?

Thanks,
Harini