lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Joe Attardi" <jatta...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Running query text through an Analyzer without QueryParser?
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2007 21:25:58 GMT
What about the case where I want to search a MAC address? For example,
00:14:da:81:21:4f will be split by the StandardTokenizer as the tokens
"00", "14", "da", "81", "21", and "4f".

Suppose I want to search for 00:14:da:81:21:4f. In the search box, I type
00:14:da:81:21:4f. But because these are all separate tokens, it would still
find a match if it had all the tokens but in a different order - for
example, that query would also find a MAC of da:14:4f:21:00:81. Is there
some way to enforce the order in which terms appear, or should I just index
a MAC address as UN_TOKENIZED ?

Thanks

--
Joe Attardi