lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Joe Attardi" <jatta...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IndexWriter.updateDocument(Term, Document) not removing old Document?
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2007 18:35:02 GMT
Hi Erick,

I'm guessing that your problem is what gets indexed. What analyzer
> are you using when indexing? One that breaks words apart on, say,
> periods?

I am using the StandardAnalyzer. When I do a test query using Luke, it
returns the object I'm looking for. The query I use is:

id:"com.mycompany.myapp.FooBar 142"

and it returns my FooBar document with id 142.

> What is your evidence that the doc still exists? Have you closed/reopened
> your reader before you check this? Remember that index changes aren't
> visible for an already-opened reader.

I am creating a new IndexSearcher object every time I do a search.
But also, when I run the same query again in Luke after I do the update,
after reloading the index in Luke, it returns both objects.