lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Stanislaw Osinski" <stanislaw.osin...@man.poznan.pl>
Subject Re: StandardTokenizer is slowing down highlighting a lot
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2007 13:21:37 GMT
> > If anyone is interested, I could prepare a JFlex based Analyzer
> > equivalent
> > (to the extent possible) to current StandardAnalyzer, which might
> > offer nice
> > indexing and highlighting speed-ups.
>
> +1.  I think a lot of people would be interested in a faster
> StandardAnalyzer.

I've attached a patch with the JFlex-based analyzer to
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-966. The code needs some
refactoring, but it shows some nice performance gains (5.5 -- 8.1 times
compared to StandardAnalyzer on Sun JVMs).

Staszek

--
Stanislaw Osinski, stanislaw.osinski@carrot-search.com
http://www.carrot-search.com