lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Stanislaw Osinski" <stanislaw.osin...@man.poznan.pl>
Subject Re: StandardTokenizer is slowing down highlighting a lot
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2007 11:43:20 GMT

> I am sure a faster StandardAnalyzer would be greatly appreciated.

I'm increasing the priority of that task then :)

StandardAnalyzer appears widely used and horrendously slow. Even better
> would be a StandardAnalyzer that could have different recognizers
> enabled/disabled. For example, dropping NUM recognition if you don't
> need it in the current StandardAnalyzer gains like 25% speed.

That's a good idea, though I'd need to check if in case of JFlex there would
be considerable performance differences depending on the grammar.

Staszek

--
Stanislaw Osinski, stanislaw.osinski@carrot-search.com
http://www.carrot-search.com