lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Lindsey Hess <lindseyhes...@yahoo.com>
Subject Query parsing?
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2007 22:44:17 GMT
Hi,

I'm building an application that needs to translate one query format into another.  For example,
my application generates the following query from a UI:

((title="Gone With The Wind") <OR> (title="Brave New World"))

and internally I need to convert it into this format so that I can make a web service call
to another application:

{//title}:Gone With The Wind OR Brave New World

Now, I do not need Lucene to index anything, but I'm wondering if Lucene has query parsing
classes that will allow me to transform the queries.  If so, this will save me a lot of time
from building tedious parsing logic.

Thank you.

Lindsey