lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Chhabra, Kapil" <>
Subject RE: Question regarding ignore case?
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2007 09:04:04 GMT
I don't think that there is any other way out apart from re-indexing in
all-small or all-caps case(through an Analyzer or externally), and then
searching in the same case as you used while indexing.
Even if you find a way by which you can run case insensitive searches, I
am sure it'll add to the complexity at the search time.
QueryFilter is used to filter down the search results and I doubt if
it'll solve your problem.

-----Original Message-----
From: li hao cho []
Sent: Friday, July 20, 2007 12:22 PM
Subject: Question regarding ignore case?

Hi all, my lucene index is prepared for search, but I forgot to change
all the english word to lower case. When I search, I have to type the
same case as in lucene index. I found that QueryFilter may solve the
problem, but it seems that it's used for filter query, not the lucene
index. How do I ignore the case in lucene index?

Li-Hao Cho
Department of Computer Science
National Cheng Chi University, Taipei, Taiwan, R.O.C."

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: