lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: multi-field and wildcard query highlighter questions
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2007 15:04:59 GMT
1) Perhaps the the query you tried does not match anything in your
index? What release are you using? [prefix*] works fine for me.

2) The Highlighter should not care if you have more than one field with
the same name in a document. The Highlighter does not deal with
documents. It takes a TokenStream of field:value pairs and then compares
those to the field:value pairs in the query. If you pass a field name,
only field matches are scored over 0, if you pass null for the field
name, fields are ignored and only values are compared. This is all very
separate from storing fields in a document. Are you doing something
weird with your TokenStream?

- Mark