lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Thomas <you_meant_everything_to...@yahoo.de>
Subject Lucene and XML Architecture
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2007 07:36:51 GMT
Hi all,

As part of my diploma thesis I'm starting to work on an information
retrieval
solution for a law and business publisher. Currently I'm trying to define a
flexible and scalable architecture. All the data is present in XML-form and
at the moment simply stored on the file system and indexed and retrieved
by a proprietary solution. The total amount of data is only a few gigabyte.

My intention is to use an open source native XML database like eXist or
Xindice
as datastore, Lucene for indexing/searching and Cocoon for presentation.
Does
anyone have experience with the combination of native XML stores and Lucene?
Are there any problems that could arise from this combination?

- Thomas