lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ryan McKinley <ryan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Serving remote lucene client - RMI vs HTTP
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2007 05:03:45 GMT

> customizable Solr really is (rather the ease with which we can do it). Also
> Solr doesn't support queryFilter out of the box (Hossman: there's nothing to
> stop a solr request handler from using QueryFilter's if they want). How much
> extra work is it?

out of the box, solr supports query filters.  check:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/CommonQueryParameters#head-6522ef80f22d0e50d2f12ec487758577506d6002

If you have custom queries you need to make and using the standard
interface is not sufficient, it is relatively easy to write a custom
request handler.  Assuming you are used to working with lucene, writing
a custom handler should be straight forward.

ryan