lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: replace values in index
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2007 14:07:17 GMT
While it is possible to alter the StandardAnalyzer, depending on more
details of your source text, it may be better to use a different
analyzer or make your own. The StandardAnalyzer is quite slow if you do
not need all of its features, and modifying it will make it harder to
keep up with bug fixes or improvements.

That said, StandardAnalyzer does split on commas, so you might want to
check into whats really going on.

I suspect that 'word1,word2,word3,word4,word5' is being recognized as a
NUM by StandardAnalzyer. A NUM match will keep a comma deliminated list
intact as long as every other word contains a digit.

You might alter the <#P regular expression in StandardAnalyzer.jj by
taking out the ','. This will take out certain matches (like the match
your getting <g>), but will stop screwing up your matches.

- Mark