lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From markharw00d <markharw...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: Pagination
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2007 18:40:16 GMT
>>It looks that we may have different cases.

I was hoping to answer the original question which was how to retrieve
pages of matching documents from a Lucene index (no database mentioned).

 >>So far worked just fine. I have 5000 rows of items and I think will
still work fine later when I'd have 100K items.

I have a Lucene-plus-database hybrid application with 100 million
documents running a business today, taking daily updates. Trust me, I
don't store Lucene doc ids in the database because it is not  a scalable
or robust approach for the reasons I outlined earlier :)

Cheers,
Mark