lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene Field score value
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2007 18:38:28 GMT
Boost the other three fields at search time. Boosting during
index time expresses "this document's title is worth more than
other doucments' titles". Boosting during search time expresses
"I care about matches on this clause more than I do on other
clauses".

Will it help? How should I know? It's *your* application and
*you* are the one who is dissatisfied with the current scoring <G>.

All I can say is try it and find out. You might consider using Luke
to try various boosts without having to mess with too much code.

Erick