lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Boeckli, Dominique" <>
Subject RE: document delete after reader.close()
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2007 13:03:27 GMT
Hi Erick,

thanks for your help, this was the solution: Connectors are pooled
resources and i kept always the same reader for all
connections: bad idea. They never see updates in the index for that
reason. Now i close the readers and everything
is ok.

-----Original Message-----
From: Erick Erickson []
Sent: Friday, July 06, 2007 04:38 PM
Subject: Re: document delete after reader.close()

Warning, I don't know much about JCA Connector.

That said, index modifications aren't visible to a searcher until the
*searcher* is closed and re-opened. Which sounds suspiciously like what
would happen when the thread terminates.

This may be totally off base, but sounds like a place to look...

On 7/6/07, Boeckli, Dominique <> wrote:
> Hello,
> i have following problem:
> I have written a Lucene JCA Connector which also taking care of the
> index maintenance. From time to time the connector is called (time
> initiated) and verifies if the index still is in synch with the
> filesystem (deleted, added or updated documents).
> If something changes, for example when a file was deleted, then the
> documents are delete from the index as well:
> IndexReader reader = getIndexReader();
>         for (int i=0; i<documentsToDelete.size();i++) {
>                 String path = documentsToDelete.get(i).getPath();
>                 Term term = new Term(FileDocument.PATH, path);
>                 reader.deleteDocuments(term);
>             count++;
>         }
> reader.close();
> The problem is that the document is not deleted after the close. The
> document is only deleted after a while when the jca connector was
> recreated (deleted from the jca pool), which means only after the
> thread has terminated.
> strange, did i missed something.
> Please explain to me if i did something wrong
> many thanks
> Dominique

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: