lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Payloads and PhraseQuery
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2007 12:50:25 GMT
That is off of the TermSpans class.  BTQ (BoostingTermQuery) is
implemented to extend SpanQuery, thus SpanNearQuery isn't, w/o
modification, going to have access to these things.  However, if you
look at the SpanTermQuery, you will see that it's implementation of
Spans is indeed the TermSpans class.  So, I think you could cast to
it or handle it through instanceof.

I am not completely sure here, but it seems like we may need an
efficient way to access the TermPositions for each document.  That
is, the Spans class doesn't provide this and maybe it should
somehow.  Again, I am just thinking out loud here.

Thus, if we modified Spans to have the following methods:

byte[] getPayload(byte[] data, int offset)

boolean isPayloadAvailable()

I think this would be useful.  Perhaps this should be discussed on dev.

Cheers,
Grant

On Jul 12, 2007, at 8:20 AM, Peter Keegan wrote:

> I'm looking for Spans.getPositions(), as shown in
> BoostingTermQuery, but
> neither NearSpansOrdered nor NearSpansUnordered (which are the Spans
> provided by SpanNearQuery) provide this method and it's not clear
> to me how
> to add it.
>
> Peter
>
> On 7/11/07, Chris Hostetter <hossman_lucene@fucit.org> wrote:
>>

>> : I'm now looking at using payloads with SpanNearQuery but I don't
>> see any
>> : clear way of getting the payload(s) from the matching span
>> terms. The
>> term
>> : positions for the payloads seem to be buried beneath SpanCells
>> in the
>>
>> Isn't Spans.start() and Spans.end() what you are looking for?
>>

>> -Hoss

Grant Ingersoll
Center for Natural Language Processing
http://www.cnlp.org/tech/lucene.asp