lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Naber <lucenelist2...@danielnaber.de>
Subject Re: Query parsing?
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2007 18:09:13 GMT
On Wednesday 25 July 2007 00:44, Lindsey Hess wrote:

> Now, I do not need Lucene to index anything, but I'm wondering if Lucene
> has query parsing classes that will allow me to transform the queries.

The Lucene QueryParser class can parse the format descriped at
http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/queryparsersyntax.html. To adapt it to
other formats, the javacc grammar needs to be modified. To output in yet
another format, either the Java code would need to be modified or you'd
need to write some new Java code that iterates over the object produced by
the QueryParser. In other words: this is not what Lucene's QueryParser was
made for and it's not too simple unless you're already familiar with
javacc.

Regards
 Daniel

--