lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From masz-wow <>
Subject Problem Search using lucene
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2007 04:24:28 GMT

I understand that only document that has been indexed will be able to search.
I already manage to index the document and also search the content of the
The problem is, why is that there are a few words that cannot be search?
E.g : A document contains this sentence
"So on the next Monday, when Big taufiq John once again got on the bus and
said, keratong >"Big John doesn't pay!" The driver stood up, glared back at
the passenger, >and screamed, "And why not?" With a surprised look on his
face, Big John >replied, "Big John has a bus pass." Managementq "

I can search all the contents of this document BUT when I key in the word
'on' or 'and' the document cannot be searched anymore.

>From my understanding, once the document being indexed we will be able to
search all the contents of the document

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: