lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Michael McCandless" <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: lucene version?
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2007 20:17:38 GMT

I don't think this is stored in the index.

I think the closest you can get is the "format" of the segments_N file
which changes every time the index file format changes.  That at least
lets you narrow it down possibly to a single release if the file
format is changing frequently (eg it has in the past 2 releases).

There's no public API to read the format.  You could instead make your
own class, in package org.apache.lucene.index, that implements a
method similar to how the SegmentInfos.readCurrentVersion(...) method
is implemented, but just returns the format instead.

Mike