lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Michael McCandless" <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Lucene 2.2, NFS, Lock obtain timed out
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2007 15:27:28 GMT
"Patrick Kimber" <mailing.patrick.kimber@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have been running the test for over an hour without any problem.
> The index writer log file is getting rather large so I cannot leave
> the test running overnight.  I will run the test again tomorrow
> morning and let you know how it goes.

Ahhh, that's good news, I'm glad to hear that!

You should go ahead and turn off the logging and make sure things are
still fine (just in case logging is changing timing of events since
timing is a factor here).

In your logs, do you see lines like this?:

  ... hit FileNotFoundException when loading commit "segment_X"; skipping this commit point

That would confirm the new code (to catch the FileNotFoundException)
is indeed being hit.

Actually, could you also check the logs and try to verify that each
time one machine closed its writer and a 2nd machine opened a new
writer that the 2nd machine indeed loaded the newest segments_N file
and not segments_N-1?  (This is the possible new issue I was referring
to).  I fear that this new issue could silently lose documents added
by another machine and possibly not throw an exception.

Mike