lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From markrmiller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: TermEnum - previous() method ?
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2007 12:09:25 GMT

I am not very familiar with the Lucene file formats, but I think that there
is a lot of "this number tells you how far ahead to read" when enumerating
terms. As you might guess, I think this lends toward reading the terms file
forward. Not that an index couldn't point you into the terms index somehow
(a meta index?). It would make just as much sense (or more) to buffer all of
the terms to allow a previous though. Depending on your RAM and index size,
this could be an option.

I do wonder why you want a previous though? It sounds like you might be
better off heading down a different path...

- Mark