lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From vcampa <>
Subject Calling indexWriter.close() in web app
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2007 08:10:44 GMT

I'm developing a web app with struts that need to embed lucene
functionalities. I need that my app adds documents to the index after that a
document is added (documents are very few, but of large size). I read that i
have to use a single instance of indexwriter to edit the index. Suppose i
use a singleton or store indexwriter in the application scope to grant all
users to use that single instance.
My questions are:
- when i can close indexwriter to flush changes?
- How to know that an indexwriter has been closed before adding documents to
- What does it happen if users continue adding documents to the index after
one user action closed it?

Please help!

Sorry for my bad english.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: