lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Amadeous <someone_els...@yahoo.com>
Subject Deleting from distributed index
Date Sun, 08 Jul 2007 07:09:46 GMT

Dear All
I want to use Lucene in a multi-server architecture. The built-in rmi
implementation of Lucene helped me to search in my servers concurrently: I
have a gateway machine, and queries are handed to this machine. Then it asks
the query from server machines and returns the aggregative results to the
requester.
Now for something like "deleting from indexes" I want to design a similar
distributed mechanism, with a center gateway. For example I want to delete
all documents returned by a special query, from all the indexing machines.
As I know, Lucene do not offer any special api for this purpose. Do you have
any idea? Is there any pattern or common approach for these needs? If there
is a relative post on this forum(I didn't find), please let me know.
Thanks in advance and best regards