lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Geneology, nicknames, levenstein, soundex/metaphone, etc
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2007 12:17:06 GMT

On Jul 2, 2007, at 8:07 AM, Darren Hartford wrote:

> Thank you for the link to the previous thread, lot of information
> there!
>
> *Synonym use of nicknames - that sounds quite feasible.  Do you
> specifically mean the WordNet module in the Sandbox, or something
> different?

No, I think I was thinking along the lines of the SynonymAnalyzer in
Lucene In Action whereby you add the nicknames as tokens at the same
position as the original, that way searches on the nicknames would
still match.  Don't know that it solves your need for "weight" in the
relevance, but maybe it would.

Grant Ingersoll
Center for Natural Language Processing
http://www.cnlp.org/tech/lucene.asp