lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Bhavin Pandya" <bhav...@rediff.co.in>
Subject How to show category count with results?
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2007 15:20:05 GMT
Hi,

I want to show each category name and its count with results.
I achieved this using DocCollector but its very slow when no of results in lacs... As fetching
of documents from reader in collect method is expensive...

public void collect(int doc, float score)
{
    Document document = mreader.document(doc);
    strcatid = document.get("CAMPCATID")==null?"":document.get("CAMPCATID");

    if (catcountmap.containsKey(strcatid))
    {
        // catid already exists in hashmap... increase count by one

        value = ((Integer)catcountmap.get(strcatid)).intValue();
        value = value + 1;
        catcountmap.put(strcatid,new Integer(value));
    }
    else
        catcountmap.put(strcatid,new Integer(1));

}

is there any other better way to achieve this ????

Thanks.
Bhavin pandya