lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Renaud Waldura" <renaud.wald...@library.ucsf.edu>
Subject RE: a question for french analyzer
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2007 21:25:20 GMT
Being a French speaker, I will mention the following special cases:

- "plus ça change" -> "plus ca change"
- "œuf" -> "oeuf"
- "lætitia" -> "laetitia"

But I just looked, and it looks like ISOLatin1AccentFilter handles these.
Better test to be sure...

--Renaud

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Lu [mailto:chris.lu@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2007 1:36 PM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: a question for french analyzer

Hi, Erick,

I added ISOLatin1AccentFilter to FrenchAnalyzer following Samir's tip, and
it works great! And I think it's the right way to go. Problems like "You
have to store the data raw for display purposes if you want the accents to
show though" will go away since Analyzer already have the original text and
analyzed token mechanism built-in. And it's pretty easy to do!

However, is there any special case that you have? Not really knowing French,
I only tested one word, "fenêtre", and it's analyzed into "fenetre".

--
Chris Lu