lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "John Paul Sondag" <jsond...@uiuc.edu>
Subject Standard Tokenizer Question
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2007 01:32:03 GMT
Hey,

I Think this is where I ask this.

I'm pretty new to this so this is probably a dumb question.

I'm using the StandardTokenizer class to turn a file into tokens.  I then
need to be able to later skip to a specific token in the file sent to me
from another source.  So say my StandardTokenizer is called st and I'm told
to get token y.  At first I was using st.getToken(y).  But this was
returning an object of type  "StandardToken", I really would like to just
have it return type Token (because it has more useful functions for me like
termText()).  Right now I just call st.next()  y times to get the y'th
token, which is horribly inefficient but I can't find any way to

a) go right to the token I want
b)  Have it be type Token and not Standard Token.

--JP