lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: QueryParser stripping special char
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2007 20:43:08 GMT

1) the API you are using indicates you are using a fairly old version of
Lucene ... I strongly urge you to upgrade, as there have been many
improvements and bug fixes ... three have also beeen many methods
deprecated and removed, if you start using an old version now (with it's
old methods) it will be that much harder to upgrade later.

2) I don't believe QueyParser is striping any characters off, it is your
choice of Analyzer that is deciding to eliminate that character (i beielve
it's one of the tokenizing characters.  If you have a special field for
phone number you should consider using a special analyzer for that field
(via the PerFieldAnalyzerWrapper)

: '415-567-2323'. I need to create a query like +areaCode:"415-". But the
: QueryParser is stripping off the hyphen(-).

-Hoss