lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <>
Subject Re: Question about querying for files in a zip file
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2007 22:05:00 GMT

: We would also entertain alternative indexing approaches.  We even
: considered concatenating all the text of the contained docs into a doc
: indexed as the zipfile, but lucene only indexes part of a large file and
: even if that were resolved, proximity searches can return false
: positives.

problem #1 can be resolved using this...

problem #2 can be resolved by making sure you add the contents of each
file in the zip as a seperate Field objects (with the same name) and
making sure you use an Analyzer where this method...
...returns a number significantly larger then whatever the biggest slop
value you use intend to use when doing proximity queries.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message