lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Doron Cohen <DOR...@il.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Lucene 2.2, NFS, Lock obtain timed out
Date Sat, 30 Jun 2007 00:12:02 GMT
Mark Miller wrote:

> You might try just using one of the nodes as
> the writer. In Michaels comments, he always seems
> to mention the pattern of one writer many
> readers on nfs. In this case you could use
> no LockFactory and perhaps gain a little speed there.

One thing I would worry about if multiple write nodes
is system clocks. Note that ExpirationTimeDeletionPolicy
is based on file.lastModified().

I am not sure here: do different nodes see the same
file.lastModified() over NFS? I would assume they do
up to the nodes system clocks differences + some
NFS delays, in which case if clocks are at most seconds
apart I think we should be okay with that 10 minutes
expiration time.