lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Liu_An...@emc.com
Subject RE: Standard Tokenizer Question
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2007 01:47:33 GMT
Token.termText() perhaps is the same as st.getToken(y).image

Andy
-----Original Message-----
From: jpsondag@gmail.com [mailto:jpsondag@gmail.com] On Behalf Of John
Paul Sondag
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2007 9:32 AM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Standard Tokenizer Question

Hey,

I Think this is where I ask this.

I'm pretty new to this so this is probably a dumb question.

I'm using the StandardTokenizer class to turn a file into tokens.  I
then
need to be able to later skip to a specific token in the file sent to me
from another source.  So say my StandardTokenizer is called st and I'm
told
to get token y.  At first I was using st.getToken(y).  But this was
returning an object of type  "StandardToken", I really would like to
just
have it return type Token (because it has more useful functions for me
like
termText()).  Right now I just call st.next()  y times to get the y'th
token, which is horribly inefficient but I can't find any way to

a) go right to the token I want
b)  Have it be type Token and not Standard Token.

--JP