lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Liu_An...@emc.com
Subject RE: zero termfreq for some search strings with special characters
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2007 10:02:55 GMT
You are right!
"emp-id" will be separated to two terms  CONTENT:"emp"  CONTENT:"id" by
standard tokenizer for indexing and searching. But direct writing term
(CONTENT:"emp-id") will not.

Andy

-----Original Message-----
From: SK R [mailto:rsk.sen@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2007 5:24 PM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: zero termfreq for some search strings with special characters

Hi,
    I'm using standard tokenizer for both indexing and searching
process.Myindexed value is like "emp-id Aq234 kaith creating document
for search".
    I can get search results for the query CONTENT:"emp-id" by using
hits =
indexSearcher.search(*query*).
    But if I try to get termfrequency of that term (CONTENT:"emp-id") by
using indexreader.termdocs(new Term("CONTENT","emp-id")).freq() , 0
results
returned.
    I think because of the analyzer I can get result in 1st case but
absence
of analyzer I can't get result in 2nd case (term freq). Is it right?
    How do i get correct term frequency for that term?

Thanks & Regards
RSK