lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mathieu Lecarme <math...@garambrogne.net>
Subject Re: How to implement AJAX search~Lucene Search part?
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2007 09:58:37 GMT
have a look of opensearch.org specification, your self-completion
will work with IE7 and Firefox 2.
JSON serialization is quicker than XML stuff.
Be careful to limit the number of responses.
A search in "test*" works very well in my project with ten thousands
of documents.
Begin completion only when you have 3 letters or more, less gives you
too many words.

M.