lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Beard, Brian" <Brian.Be...@mybir.com>
Subject MultiSearcher holds on to index - optimization not one segment
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2007 12:59:12 GMT

We're using a MultiSearcher to search against multiple lucene indexes
which runs inside of a web application in jboss 4.0.4.

We're also using a standalone app running in a different jboss server
which gets periodic updates from an oracle database and updates the
lucene index.

Both the searcher and indexer are running against the same index. We
need to have real time updates to the index that are searchable.

The problem I'm having is once the MultiSearcher is open, it holds on to
the index file (Trying to encourage garbage collection in java, but only
goes so far).

So it looks like when an optimization is performed, it won't actually
consolidate the index into one segment because there's a reader out
there still holding on to the index.

This may not be lucene related, may be java or jboss, but I figure
others have probably encountered this type of thing before. Any ideas
are appreciated.

Brian Beard