lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mathieu Lecarme <math...@garambrogne.net>
Subject Re: How to implement AJAX search~Lucene Search part?
Date Sat, 09 Jun 2007 15:08:23 GMT
You can work like with lucene spelling.
A specific Index with word as Document, boost with something
proportionnal of number of occurences (with log and math magic)
The magical stuff is n Fields with starting ngram, not stored, no
tokenized.
For example, if you wont to index the word "carott", you will index
the fields carott, carot, caro, car, ca, c.
With this huge index, you can search quickly, ordered by what you wont.
Two improvement, for reducing index size, you can limit the number of
letter (min and max), and extract the right one in a little set,
after a request.
What about bad words?
This index could be extended with two words suggestion like Google
and co do.

M.