lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Lucene Help <luceneh...@hotmail.com>
Subject Cannot save index to 'index' directory, please delete it first
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2007 11:58:16 GMT

Hello,I tried uninstalling and installing Lucene 2.1.0 and Tomcat 5.5.  I followed the Lucene
demo instructions and set the CLASSPATH as follows:  .;C:\lucene-2.1.0\lucene-core-2.1.0.jar;C:\lucene-2.1.0\lucene-demos-2.1.0.jar
 I tehn typed java org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexFiles C:\lucene-2.1.0\src into the commandline
prompt and received the following:  Cannot save index to 'index' directory, please delete
it first.  Thank you in advance for your help.  -Lucene User

Play free games, earn tickets, get cool prizes! Join Live Search Club.
http://club.live.com/home.aspx?icid=CLUB_wlmailtextlink