lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Lucene Help <luceneh...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: ERROR opening the Index - contact sysadmin!
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2007 17:30:41 GMT

I tried uninstalling lucene and installing it again.  This time, after setting the CLASSPATH
C:\lucene-2.1.0\lucene-core-2.1.0.jar;C:\lucene-2.1.0\lucene-demos-2.1.0.jar, I typed java
org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexFiles C:\lucene-2.1.0\src into the commandline prompt.  I got
the following:  Cannot save index to 'index director, please delete it firstPlease let me
know what I am doing wrong.  Thank you.> From: grant.ingersoll@gmail.com> Subject: Re:
ERROR opening the Index - contact sysadmin!> Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 13:14:17 -0400>
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org> > It looks to me like your indexing did not take (although
for some  > reason my mail reader is munging your line breaks so it is hard to  > tell
for sure).  I would make sure you have successfully indexed and  > then try to start the
web app.  To verify you index was created, you  > can use Luke (http://www.getopt.org/luke/)>
> I presume you have read http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/ > demo3.html, but maybe
double checking it would be helpful.> > > On Jun 12, 2007, at 10:13 AM, Lucene Help
wrote:> > >> > I am using apache-tomcat 5.5.23 and lucene-2.1.0. At the command
 > > prompt, I typed, java org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexHTML - create - > > index
C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 5.5\webapps > > \opt\lucene\index
..I then got the following:  Usage:  IndexHTML [- > > create] [-index <index>]
<root_directory>I then copied and pasted  > > the luceneweb.war from C:\lucene-2.1.0
to C:\Program Files\Apache  > > Software Foundation\Tomcat 5.5\webappsI checked to make
sure that  > > the configuration.jsp in the directory C:\Program Files\Apache  >
> Software Foundation\Tomcat 5.5\webapps\luceneweb was set correctly,  > > which
it was:  String indexLocation = "/opt/lucene/index";Then I  > > went opened a Mozilla
Firefox version 2.0.0.3 browser and typed in  > > http://localhost:8080/luceneweb/I
entered, "test" for my Search  > > Criteria, and tried various numbers for Results Per
Page, clicked  > > on the Search button, and got the error I described below, which
was:> > Welcome to the Lucene Template application. (This is the header)> >>
                Error message: no segments* file found: files:> >> >> >>
sysadmin!> Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 09:40:55 -0400> To: java- > > user@lucene.apache.org>
Grant> > On Jun 12, 2007,  > > at 3:10 AM, Lucene Help wrote:> > >>
> Hello,I just downloaded  > > Lucene and tried running the demo.  I seem  > >
to be okay up until  > > I type in a query into the "Search Criteria"  > > page
and click on  > > the "Search" button at the URL:  http://localhost: > > 8080/
> > luceneweb/At this point I am at the URL http://localhost:8080/ > >  > >
luceneweb/results.jsp?query=test&maxresults=2 which gives me the  >  > > >
following:> > Welcome to the Lucene Template application. (This  > > is the header)>
sysadmin!> >                 Error message: no segments*  > > file found: files:>
1.0 If someone could help me out  > > ASAP, that would be great.   > > Thanks!Lucene
 > > > With Windows Live Hotmail, you can personalize your inbox with  > >
your  > > favorite color.> > www.windowslive-hotmail.com/learnmore/ > >
personalize.html?locale=en- > >  > > us&ocid=TXT_TAGLM_HMWL_reten_addcolor_0607>
the Lucene Java FAQ at http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-lucene/ >  > > LuceneFAQ>
For additional commands, e-mail: java-user-help@lucene.apache.org>> > _________________________________________________________________>
now. It’s free.> > http://im.live.com/messenger/im/home/?source=TAGWL_June07> >